The houses on Main Street in 1945 Saxon properties were almost entirely. Behind them, Xenopol Street for today, gardens were related to those houses.
The main street was paved with cobblestone, and a brook flowing through the middle that collect wastewater. A fountain located in the center of Raul was fueled Sevis. Because of non-potable water, many illnesses were typhoid.
Between the events that are part of local history, remember:
– in 1550 Piata Mare in Sibiu pillory rises.
– in 1554 plague do 3200 victim.
– in 1599 Mihai Viteazul cucereste Transilvania (batalia de la Selimbar).
– in 1600 – prima unire a Tarilor Romanesti sub Mihai Viteazul.
– in 1734 Contele Walis ridica statuia Nepomuk.
– in 1754 se infiinteaza postalionul Sibiu – Viena.
– in 1767 la Sibiu ia fiinta loja francomasonica.
– in 1772 Hanul orasenesc “La steaua albastra” devine “Romischer Kaizer” (Imparatul Romanilor).
– in 1811 Gheorghe Lazar este profesor la Seminarul ortodox.
– in 1872 se construieste linia ferata Sibiu – Copsa Mica.
– in 1904 este introdus curentul electric in Sibiu.