Turnul Dulgherilor

[object Window] – Simply

Sibiu was built on an old fortress "CEDONIA" in 1191; in 1196 it is called "Cibinium". In 1223 it is called "Villas Hermanus" (Hermann's village). Then he called Hermannstadt and has seven neighboring settlements. In 1241 Tatars destroyed neighborhood Dragons. remain only 100 people from starvation, but the plague. for year 1400 develop trade, appear remarkable men of culture. In 1380 was founded the first school. On the site of a former Roman church, XIV century church is built "St. Mary" - Evangelical Cathedral today. It established mints 1325 and 1456....

Continuation...