Council Tower

Piata Mica

Piata Mica

Built in the XIV-XVI, Small Square in Sibiu, cunoscuta si sub numele de “Ringul cel mic”, located inside the second chamber of fortifications of the citadel, represents the old commercial center of the city. The market is divided into two distinct parts bounded by street Ocnei. The north side of the enclosure has a circular shape, with buildings shaped concave, the missing vaulted portal specific to the Square. Southern side shows the building with semicircular arches supported port. Common to all buildings is in addition to height, existenta loggilor la parter...

Continuation...

[object Window] – Simply

Sibiu was built on an old fortress "CEDONIA" in 1191; in 1196 it is called "Cibinium". In 1223 it is called "Villas Hermanus" (Hermann's village). Then he called Hermannstadt and has seven neighboring settlements. In 1241 Tatars destroyed neighborhood Dragons. remain only 100 people from starvation, but the plague. for year 1400 develop trade, appear remarkable men of culture. In 1380 was founded the first school. On the site of a former Roman church, XIV century church is built "St. Mary" - Evangelical Cathedral today. It established mints 1325 and 1456....

Continuation...